No matter how well trained and vigilant, law enforcement simply cannot be everywhere. Your eyes and ears are needed. After all, you know best what activities in and around your neighborhood, school or workplace appear to be “out of the ordinary” or suspicious.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR:
• Individuals who do not fit the surrounding environment-dressed in bulky or inappropriate attire for the location or time of year;
• Individuals who show unusual interest in building security systems or access to restricted or sensitive areas;
• Individuals who loiter around buildings, parking lots, and other locations not generally open to the public;
• Individuals making diagrams, taking notes, photographs or video in areas not normally of interest to tourists;
• Multiple sightings of the same suspicious person, vehicle, or activity, separated by time, distance or direction;
• Individuals who do not appear to have a means of support;
• Neighbors without customary furnishings or utilities and whose habits seem odd;
• Neighbors who receive deliveries or visitors at odd or unusual times;
• Any activity that appears suspicious or out of place to you!
WHAT TO DO:
Report suspicious activity IMMEDIATELY to security and/or police;
Give as many details as possible i.e. time, location, description, license number;
EMERGENCY HAPPENING NOW – CALL 9-1-1
LAPD TERRORIST THREAT TIP LINE: 1-877-A-THREAT (1-877-284-7328)