Last Friday August 27th at around 11pm…
The West Hollywood attack was reported at 11 p.m. Friday in 1000 N. Blk. of Gardner Street just south of Santa Monica Boulevard, Los Angeles County (West Hollywood) Sheriff’s officials said.
The Los Angeles Times reported… “On Friday, a couple driving home Friday from Universal City (South on Highland Avenue then turned west on Santa Monica Bl) noticed a tan or gold SUV alongside them, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Sgt. Richard Bowman said. They briefly lost sight of the vehicle, but later saw the SUV driving behind them with its lights off, Bowman said.
The sheriff’s official statement of the incident is as follows..
“As the victims [then] drove
eastbound westbound on Santa Monica Boulevard (from Highland Ave), they lost sight of the suspect’s SUV. As the victims continued to drive, they noticed the suspect’s SUV directly behind them, driving with the headlights off. The victims turned left onto Gardner Street from Santa Monica Boulevard, when the suspect’s SUV drove next to the victim’s vehicle passenger side and fired three rounds from a shotgun. The victims were not injured from the gunfire nor from the shattered glass from the blown out rear window.
The victim’s vehicle sustained significant damage by gunfire which resulted in a blown out rear window and damage to the bed of the truck.”
What’s troubling is that this same suspect has now been linked to several murders and heinous incidents over the past week..
• Wednesday morning, a 42-year-old woman was seriously wounded as she got off the 5 Freeway in Atwater Village
• Thursday, Gildardo Morales, 48, was found dead, slumped over the wheel of his truck at a Pacoima intersection after leaving a Home Depot store, his engine still running – for no apparent reason.
• Friday – the shooting on Gardner and Santa Monica Blvd.
• Saturday – this same suspect is believed to have shot three dogs – two of which are known dead – in the Pacoima area.
• Sunday – 6 a.m., when a 23-year-old woman was killed and her parents critically injured in San Fernando while they were driving to church in the San Fernando Valley.
• Sunday – At 6:35 a.m., a 29-year-old man walking near the Sylmar Recreation Center was shot and killed. Ten minutes later, a woman — identified by relatives as Gloria Esperanza Tobar, 59 — was gunned down in Pacoima as she was waiting for a friend before church.
The Los Angeles Police Department continued Wednesday to investigate links between a Sylmar man and a series of shootings that left four people dead and several others wounded.
Calling him a “serial killer,” authorities on Tuesday charged Alexander Hernandez with murder and attempted murder in some of the cases.
LAPD officials said they believe Hernandez acted alone and was randomly shooting people on local streets and freeways. Investigators have yet to determine a motive, saying Hernandez had been uncooperative with detectives since his arrest late Sunday.